Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SSS: Rockie




TELL ME A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF.

I am nineteen, awkward, and living life behind my camera. I aspire to be a fashion photographer one day and currently entering my second year at the Savannah College of Art and Design, where I hope to make that dream a reality. I live in a small city called Lubbock. It's in Texas. (side note: I do not ride a horse to school)


WHAT DOES 'STYLE' MEAN TO YOU?

Style is all about expression. It's another form of art and I love that it can vary so much. It intrigues me how different changing little things about an outfit can change the mood or idea so much. It especially interests me in terms of photography. I love narrative style photography, and the extra element of fashion really allows you to create a wide array of characters.


HOW DID YOUR INTEREST IN PHOTOGRAPHY FIRST START ? OR WHY?

Photography was interesting to me growing up, but more so just the aspect of playing with cameras and not really being serious about settting up images. When I was 16 I started getting really into it and begging my friends to model for me. Luckily I got enough people to agree to pose for me that I got some experience. Then I started doing more self-portrait work as it's often easier to achieve the poses I want since I always know exactly what I have in mind.


WHERE DO YOU GAIN YOUR STYLE INSPIRATION?

Vintage photographs and clothing, Southwestern art and culture, fashion photography, Thrift stores, and the great people on lookbook. Thrifting really gives me the most ideas, though. I love walking into stores full of old things and trying to figure out how to make them work.


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING IN YOUR CLOSET?

that's quite a hard thing to pick! the dress and boots in this look would probably win, t hough. http://lookbook.nu/look/184157-bat-your-lashes I mostly just love that the dress was mine when I was little and now it makes a cute short dress, and the boots were incredibly cheap at a thrift store. I don't think I'll ever find a pair I'm more fond of.


WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK? MAGAZINE?

I love the book "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close". I haven't gotten to finish it because everytime I start it up, I get super busy. My favorite magazine would have to be Nylon or any of the Vogues.


WHAT IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?

drinking cup of tea after cup of tea after cup of tea.


DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.

I would wake up at noon, go eat some delicious pizza at this pizzeria in my town, then head off to do some thrift store shopping. After finding baskets full of discount vintage wear, I would head home. I'd sort through the clothes and put some new outfits together. Then I'd eat with my mother one of the del icious vegetarian meals she makes. Once the sun starts setting and getting glowy and warm, I'd head to the park where I do most of my photographing and take some photographs with the new outfits. Then I'd make some Chai and head to the park where I would meet up with my friends to sit under the stars and talk for hours.(Fortunately, this is how I spent much of my summer vacation)
VISIT ROCKIE'S LOOKBOOK PAGE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from kendraamy. Make your own badge here.